When first asked to write and submit an article on our given topic, I wasn't sure what the best approach would be. I had not given "peace" much thought. Growing up it was a given factor, that someday the world would achieve this form of unity. I was facing some big questions:
- Is the world becoming more peaceful? For who is it becoming more peaceful?
- What things/forces are keeping us from achieving peace?
- How do you approach peace, either at an inner or outer level or at the individual or world level?
- What does peace look like? (and again, at what level)
- Why do we want peace? Is peace a positive or negative force?
- Is peace tangible or non-tangible ?
- How do we achieve it?
- What are the thought's of others on peace? The thoughts of past leaders and thinkers?